These mitts are worked flat in pieces (with a in-the-round version coming very soon) then seamed together. This pattern features an unusual construction, so photo images and schematics are provided to help make sure you are on the right track.
One of my favorite features about these mitts is that it easily adjustable for different hand sizes and length, so this is a recipe style pattern. That’s the beauty of knitting, creating, making… tailoring the design/pattern to make it fit YOU the way you want it.
- Yardage depends on the size and length of each mitt, but one skein of DK weight yarn is enough. You can use a kitchen scale to help split the skein of yarn into two evenly sized cakes.
- Superwash merino is the top recommendation for this project, but any animal-based fiber that allows for elasticity works well.
- Subculture Yarn SW Merino Double Knit (100% Superwash Merino; 100 g/285 yds; 261 m). In colorway Black Pearl.
US 6/4 mm circular needle.
- 24 sts and 32 rows = 4 in./10 cm
- Gauge is not crucial to this project.
- Stitch markers
- Darning/tapestry needle
Recipe style pattern
- This pattern has been tech edited for clarity and corrections. If you require pattern support, email us at email@example.com and we will respond to your request within 24-48 hours. We respond to pattern support questions by email ONLY.
- This pattern includes photo guides, schematics and a video tutorial on the unusual construction of this piece, plus written and video tutorials on the mattress stitch, picking up and knitting stitches and the super stretchy BO.
- You can sell FOs made from this design to friends and family, as well as in your online or offline shop.