When I first got this yarn I knew I had to knit something with a woodland theme. I saw a dense evergreen forest with old ferns and fir cones gathered at the base of the trees’ massive trunks, fauns peaking out from among the foliage, and sunbeams shining down between the branches illuminating the forest floor with spots of sunlight.
Knitting starts and ends with the sunbeam border, border and woodland lace stitches progress at the same time through the center of the shawl. Once you bind off at the end, you're done except for weaving in ends and blocking. Pattern would be lovely knit up in either cobweb or lace weight yarn, in a variety of colors: dark woodsy greens, deep browns, dense black, or golds touched by the sun.
- Yarn: Cobweb, 1000 yards.
- Model: Posh Yarns Cecilia, in Escapade; 1300 yards in 100 grams; 50% cashmere, 50% silk.
- Gauge: 1 repeat of Sun Ray motif is 5 inches wide x 1.5 inches high, blocked.
- Needles: US 4 (3.5 mm).
- Finished size: 78 x 25 inches.
- Stitch instructions: Charted only.