Translated from the Greek, Ione (pronounced eye-Oh-nee) means “violet flower.” Ione was one of Nereus and Doris’ fifty daughters, a sea nymph, who with her sisters was helpful to sailors fighting perilous storms, most often in the Aegean Sea.
Ione is worked sideways along the long edge starting with the lace pattern, and ending with garter stitch short rows that shape it into a pleasing crescent.
- Yarn: fingering weight; 230  yards.
- Model: Twist, Yarns of Intrigue Bamboo Sock in large size; 425 yards in 100 grams; 50% superwash merino, 25% bamboo, 25% nylon.
- Gauge: 13.75 sts to 4 inches in lace pattern, blocked.
- Needles: US 5 (3.75 mm).
- Finished size: 63 x 7.75 [73.5 x 8.5] inches.
- Stitch instructions: Charted and written.