Lempi is a three-color shawl made up of squishy garter stitch, stripes, and mesh lace. Worked in DK-weight yarn it is quick to knit and the perfect thing to wrap yourself in when temperatures plummet!
The pattern is written with both metric and US terminology. Both written and charted instructions are given for the lace pattern.
Share your project with the hashtags #lempishawl
- Wingspan approx. 220 cm (7’ 3”)
- Depth approx. 40 cm (16”)
DK-weight yarn in three colors, total 460 m (505 yd)
- Main color (MC) for cast-on and stripes: approx. 155 m (170 yd)
- Contrast color 1 (CC1) for stripes: approx. 130 m (145 yd)
- Contrast color 2 (CC2) for lace and bind-off: approx. 175 m (190 yd)
The sample was knitted with three skeins of Rowan Felted Tweed DK (MC #153 Phantom
, CC1 #177 Clay
, CC2 #161 Avocado
- 5.5 mm (US size 9) long circular needle (80 or 100 cm/32” or 40”) or one you feel comfortable working with.
Gauge is not important for this pattern.