The pattern includes both charts and written instructions and has been tech edited and test knitted. Never done brioche knitting before? The pattern comes with a full photo tutorial for every stitch used, the cast on and the bind off and you can also check them out on my tutorials page! With one increase and one decrease, this is a great introduction to syncopated brioche knitting!
- 183m (200 yds) OR 366 m (400 yds) of Old Maiden Aunt Superwash Merino Singles (100% Merino, 400 yds/100g) in Dreich
- 183m (200 yds) OR 366 m (400 yds) of Old Maiden Aunt Superwash Merino Singles (100% Merino, 400 yds/100g) in What’s Your Damage
- 4mm (US 6) circular needles (or size required to get gauge), 60 cm (24”) or 100cm (40”) or dpns
- Needle at least two sizes bigger for casting on/binding off
- 1 Stitch marker
- Yarn needle for sewing in ends
22 stitches and 30 rows in 10 cm (4”) in brioche pattern after blocking gently.
Gauge is not essential but will also affect the amount of yarn used. Differences in gauge may also change the size of the finished cowl.
Short: 20 cm (8”) deep by 75 cm (29.5”) circumference.
Long: 20 cm (8”) deep by 158 cm (62”) circumference.