About This Pattern
- written instructions
- charted instructions
- worked in the round
- screen reader and print challenged accessible version
- approx. 960 yards (878 meters) fingering weight yarn, held triple
- that's 3 strands, each 320 yards / 293 meters long
- roughly heavy aran / light bulky weight
- 5.5mm needles (or size needed for gauge) suitable for working in the round
- cable needle (optional) to work 1x1 cables in the last few rounds
- stitch marker (optional) to note the beginning of the round
- tapestry needle, to weave in ends and bind off
- your preferred blocking equipment
SizingForester comes in one size, which is designed to be a comfortably loose fit on an adult, even once the height has folded down around the neck. It's very stretchy; you'll have some control over the size when you block it, allowing you to stretch it more in one direction than the other if desired, so you can perfect the fit.
You can also create your own custom size, or adjust Forester to be knit at any gauge and in any weight yarn, making it highly customisable. Full instructions for custom sizing are included.
Accessible VersionThe accessible version of this pattern is included with your download. It has been formatted to suit low vision / print challenged knitters and to be compatible with screen readers.
Specifically, the pattern has:
- 24 point sans-serif font (Arial) throughout
- Fully saturated black text on white background
- Single column layout
- Left-aligned text
- No italics
- No header or footer – just page numbers (bottom left)
- Consistent use of heading tags for easy navigation
- Internal links to aid navigation
- All instructions written out in text without reliance on diagrams or charts
- All words written out in full (i.e. no abbreviations)
- No bulleted lists
- No tables*
All of my patterns have been tested and tech edited, and include details of how to contact me should you need pattern support.
Please note that patterns are for personal use only. If you would like to use one of my patterns to make items to sell or for teaching a class, please get in touch. Yarn store owners are very welcome to make samples.