Progressing the Journey: Lyrics and Liturgy for a Conscious Church – eBooks
Progressing the Journey: Lyrics and Liturgy for a Conscious Church
By Susan Jones
You are buying eBook editons of this 158 page book in PDF, ePub and Mobi formats. You can download 1, 2 or all 3 eBooks.
You can order print editions of Progressing the Journey here: https://pgpl.co.nz/print-books/progressing-the-journey-print/
Looking for fresh, original hymn lyrics and liturgy for your church? Want to celebrate diverse ways of being fully human in a loving faith community?
These 42 hymns, 70 gatherings, affirmations, and blessings; poems & reflections, will provide a valuable resource to support your ministry.
- Are you looking for fresh, original hymn lyrics and liturgy for your church?
- Would you like to celebrate diverse ways of being fully human in a loving faith community?
- Is your church ready to explore current ideas about God – not just male, not up there, but down here with us – creation, Jesus & theology?
Susan’s lyrics, which can be sung to familiar tunes, have been used at a Presbytery inauguration, in communion, at anniversaries, for baptisms and for a same sex wedding. They have featured in Pride services, Transgender Day of Remembrance commemorations, during Bible Month and throughout the Season of Creation.
Susan’s kitset hymn ln our world we find delight, written for original music by Vivien Chiu, covers the whole Season of Creation 3-year cycle.
Her lyrics and liturgy mark the seasons of the church year in unusual ways as well as celebrating: questioning, rainbow themes, faith stages, the cosmos, diverse orientations and identities, gender equality, 21st century reformation, interfaith connection, prodigals, postmodern church, endangered species, and the importance of finding the Self by going deep within.
- Abbreviations used in the hymns section
- Hymning the Journey — New words, familiar tunes
- Wording our Worship — New words for new ideas
- 1 — Responsive Gatherings
- 2 — Pairs of Responsive Gatherings and Affirmations
- 3 — Creeds
- 4 — Affirmations
- 5 — Pairs of Responsive Gatherings and Blessings
- 6 — Prayers
- 7 — Lament and Litany
- 8 — Communion Liturgies
- 9 — Responsive Blessings
- 10 — Poems
- 11 — Reflections from a New Perspective
Two sets of PowerPoint Slides are now available to purchase for all 44 Hymns in Progressing the Journey. Click for details and to order:
- Set of 44 Text Only hymn PowerPoint slides – $12.50
- Set of 44 ilustrated hymn powerPoints slides – $12.50
- Both sets of PowerPoint Slides: Illustrated and Text Only – $20.00
About the Author
Poet, writer, musician, minister and spiritual guide, Rev Dr Susan Jones is passionate that faith be sung and spoken authentically in her context of today’s Aotearoa New Zealand.
During her 25 years of ordained ministry, Susan developed skills in curating worship which blend theology, metaphor, and context with inclusive spirituality.
Her writing has been informed by her roles as a teacher, spiritual director, supervisor and minister. She’s completed a doctorate in theology too.
Susan engages respectfully with diverse beliefs and opinions; distilling complex ideas, making change accessible. She brings a gentle, quirky sense of humour to her writing.
Susan’s coffee shop conversations trilogy integrates years of church, study, scholarly observation, struggle and no small measure of pain, undergirded by authenticity, deep faith, and a sense of the numinous.
Meeting the spiritual and pastoral needs of people in LGBTQI community has been a particular focus. Through her contemporary lyrics and liturgy, Susan has encouraged her parish churches to progress in their inclusive journey.
Now retired to Dunedin, Susan is devoting her time to writing and has 4 books recently released and forthcoming in 2022.
Also by Susan Jones:
Wherever You Are, You Are On The Journey: Conversations in a Coffee Shop Book 1.
- Order eBooks here: https://payhip.com/b/H8v39
- Order print books here: https://pgpl.co.nz/print-books/wherever-you-are-you-are-on-the-journey-print/