Adapt A Drop Shoulder Pullover (pattern and virtual workshops) Registration Only!
Done correctly a drop shoulder pullover can be a nice thing. Whether you are a knitter or a designer, join me to learn all that you need to know to Adapt a Drop Shoulder Pullover. I think we all want to make nice things!
Let's Make Nice Things" Knit-Along with Adapt a Drop Shoulder Pullover for Any Body!
I want to start with a drop shoulder pullover to take advantage of the simple shape. After [Adapting A Drop Shoulder Pullover - to Let's Make Nice Things blog] we can move to garments with much stickier fit issues. This will be an 18-week knit-a-long with specific objectives:
- Adapt a Drop Shoulder Pullover to fit you.
- Introduce you to the Jill Wolcott Knits pattern format that guides you step-by-step.
- Find out how Jill Wolcott Knits pattern calculators can help you find proper fit.
- Teach measuring and demystify fit.
- Have fun!
- Get some hand-holding from me while gaining skills.
- Make a Drop Shoulder Pullover to fit.
How Will The Knit-Along Work?
Adapt a Drop Shoulder Pullover is not Available for purchase in full or payments until 2/8/2022 because I can't figure out how to do it!
Once your Registration Fee is paid, you will get access to any and all pre-February 15 downloads.
- Begins (virtually) on May 15 at 9 am Pacific Time (downloads and videos release). Download the Course Outline. You will pay a $5 (non-refundable) fee to reserve your spot. Your Registration Fee will be credited toward your workshop fees.
- The Drop Shoulder Pattern will release on May 30 at 9 am Pacific Time, after you have made a swatch, taken measurements, and made other decisions about your Drop Shoulder Pullover. You must purchase the Drop Shoulder Pattern for $25 to participate in the Knit-Along.
- Bring a friend and you can split the cost of the workshops ($80). Each of you must pay the $5 registration fee and buy your own pattern. The pattern is a written pattern in Missy and Lavish sizes, with a calculator to allow you to customize to your measurements.
- Course materials and videos are included in the $80 workshop fees.
You may get individual help by signing up on Teachable for a group session (schedule to come) or in an individual session. There is an additional fee of $5 per group session or you can join them all for $15. An individual session is $15 and you can sign up through Teachable at a time that works with our schedules. I will answer anything you want to ask me!
Sizes: Any size! We'll look at standard sizing, and help you create the perfect fit, or if you just want to make subtle tweaks, that is okay too!
Gauge: Nothing heavier than worsted yarn, so 4.5 stitches/inch max. We need to be able to fine-tune!
Needles: Size to work with your yarn. I'll give guidance.
Supplies: Usual knitting stuff. Also tape measure, pencil, and a spread sheet app.
Yarn: Anything worsted to fingering. Just remember that the finer the yarn, the more knitting, but the better for fine-tuning. DK or sport is probably my recommendation. You may need some assistance on some of the measurement taking, but I often measure myself.
As shown: See the sketches above. You will get larger versions!