Based on old twisted stitch motifs from Austria, these fingerless mitts are a combination of tulips and staggered chains of windows.
Mitts are worked in the round from the cuff toward the fingers, widening for a thumb gusset, then brought back together at the fingers. Gusset sts worked in rib to finish before finishing.
- Yarn: Fingering weight, 175 [200, 225] yards.
- Model: Posh Yarn Elinor, 100% merino, 400 yards in 100 grams.
- Needles: US 1.5 (2.5 mm).
- Gauge: 8 sts in stockinette and 11 sts in st pattern (relaxed) to 1 inch in the round.
- Finished size: 6 [7, 8.25] inches.
- Stitch instructions: Charted and written.
Blue mitts knit by me in medium size. Green mitts knit by Claire in large size. Photos used with permission.