DESCRIPTIONTwo contrasting colors and strings of flowers…
Pennyflower is made of squishy garter stitch knit into striking color blocks. Series of flower motifs give this simple graphic shawl some visual interest — and an engaging break in between the garter stitch sections. Starting from the upper left corner, the shawl is knit on the bias to create an asymmetric triangle. The flower motifs are knit with knit-below and elongated stitches.
This pattern is written with both metric and US terminology. Instructions are given only in written format but the pattern includes a step-by-step photo tutorial for knitting the pennyflower stitch.
Share your project on Instagram with the hashtags #pennyflowershawl and #talviknits.
- Wingspan: approx. 190 cm / 6'3"
- Depth: approx. 40 cm / 15¾"
YarnBAERENWOLLE BAER Everyday Merino (100% superwash merino, 400 m/100 g, 437 yd/3.53 oz)
- Color A: 1 skein in the colorway After Eight
- Color B: 1 skein in the colorway Truffle
- Color A: approx. 265 m / 290 yd
- Color B: approx. 365 m / 400 yd
- 4.0 mm / US #6 long circular needle (80–100 cm / 32–40”) or size needed to obtain gauge
- Darning needle
- 21 sts × 20 garter ridges = 10 cm / 4” in garter stitch, blocked