Make your own piece of modern art with this funky wall hanging. In this pattern I'll show you a clever technique using freezer paper to make these 'nearly improv' blocks. Add some neutral sashing and borders and finish off with a bold binding to frame your masterpiece.
The pattern includes:
• Full materials requirements
• Full colour instructions
• Cutting Instructions
• Piecing instructions
• Ideas for quilting
Finished size: approx. 25" square
Skill level: Easy
You will need:
• One 2½” x WOF strip in each of sixteen co-ordinating colours – I went for a rainbow effect, but you could have 16 tones/patterns of the same colour, or maybe two contrasts.
• 35cm solid white (or similar neutral blender)
• 50cm freezer paper
• Thread for piecing and for quilting
• Three 2½” x WOF binding strips
• 28” square of backing and wadding
IMPORTANT: This pattern assumes the reader has the knowledge to baste, quilt and bind the quilt. However for those of you new to quilting I have added some tutorials on this on my website in the Beginner's Quilt Section.
Make sure to read the whole pattern all the way through before beginning your project.
Want to add more items to your cart? Add to your cart, then just close this page and select the next item from the website, the cart will remember what is in it :-) Keep doing that til you are ready to checkout.