THE SAGA OF OLAF THE GLORIOUS - A Story of the Viking Age
- his boyhood of slavery in Estonia,
- his life at the court of King Valdemar,
- his wanderings as a Viking,
- the many battles he fought, on land and sea,
- his conversion to Christianity in England, and;
- his ultimate return to his native Norway where he reigned as King –
- are set forth in this volume which, if summarised, would make for a cracking campfire yarn.
NOTE: For the convenience of readers who may wish for greater exactness; Olaf Triggvison was born A.D. 963 and he started on his wanderings as a Viking in the year A.D. 981. The sea fight between the Vikings of Jomsburg and the Norwegians took place in A.D. 986, and the battle of Maldon in the year A.D. 991. Olaf reigned only five years as King of Norway, being crowned in 995, and ending his reign with his death in the glorious defeat at Svold in the year A.D. 1000.
10% of the publisher’s profit from the sale of this book will be donated to Charities.