Get this pattern for FREE when you purchase a kit for the Diamond Cascade Shawl! Click >>HERE<< for more informationorGet 20% off when you sign up to my newsletter
This large, yet soft and delicate, top-down triangular shawl is ideal for romantic dinners, evening strolls or just adding a touch of sparkle to the everyday. Streams of diamond lace cascade outward from the centre spine, ending in a splash of lace along the border. Beads in the centre of each motif twinkle in the light, like the glinting of the sea at sunset. Thanks to the simple and repetitive stitch pattern, the adventurous beginner will find this a great introduction to beaded lace, whilst the seasoned knitter will enjoy the easy-to-memorize pattern.
A video tutorial on how to work the Diamond Lace stitch pattern and add a bead to each centre is linked in the pattern. It also includes handy tips on how to read your lace stitches, so you can easily double check that your lace stitches are in the right place on each row.
Choose a smooth laceweight yarn in a solid or semi-solid colourway to show off the stitch pattern. Opt for matching or contrasting coloured beads to let your personality sparkle.
A handy stitch count checklist is provided at the end of the pattern to help you keep track of your progress.Skills / Techniques used:
Knit, purl, yarnovers, decreases, beadworkSizes:
The finished blocked item measures 73” (185cm) wingspan and 33.5” (85cm) depth at the longest partMaterials
- 3.5oz / 100g, 656 yds / 600m skein of laceweight yarn. The yarn used in the pattern is Under the Olive Tree Peristera Lace Yarn – 55% superwash BFL / 45% silk in the Thunder Blue colourway
- 1 x 0.5mm crochet hook for adding the beads
- 1 x US size 4 (3.5mm) 32-40” (80-100cm) circular needle
- 1 x stitch marker for marking the centre stitch
- 708 x size 8 beads – The beads used in the pattern picture are Gunmetal Peacock from Under the Olive Tree Knits
24 stitches and 38 rows to 4 inches / 10cm in stockinette stitch