DESCRIPTIONEvighet are a pair of fingering-weight toe-up socks with a delicate and timeless stitch pattern that resembles long-forgotten pressed flowers I found between the pages of an old diary. Although faded and wilted, seeing the flowers transported me back in time to the very day I picked them.
A stockinette toe gradually transforms into a stitch pattern with tiny buds surrounded by wavy twisted stitch columns. The heel flap is worked in a variation of twisted ribbing, morphing seamlessly into the main stitch pattern and flowing beautifully into a short twisted-rib cuff.
Evighet socks come in three sizes: 62, 66, and 70 stitches. Right and left socks are identical and can be knit two at a time.
Both written and charted instructions are given for the stitch pattern. The pattern is written with both metric and US terminology.
Share your project on Instagram with the hashtags #evighetsocks and #talviknits.
- S [M, L]
- 62 [66, 70] sts
- To fit shoe size approx. EU 37/38 [39/40, 41/42] / US 6–6½ [7–8, 8½–9½]
- Foot circumference: approx. 19 [21, 22] cm / 7¾ [8, 8½]"
- Foot length: approx. 22 [23, 24] cm / 8¾ [9, 9¼]" or adjustable within pattern
- Leg length from top of heel flap: approx. 15 [18, 21] cm / 6 [7¼, 8¼]" or adjustable within pattern
- Lanitium Ex Machina Basic Sock (75% wool, 25% nylon, 420 m/100 g, 459 yd/3.53 oz), 1 skein in the colorway Swan Lake.
- Or Lang Yarns Jawoll (75% wool, 25% nylon, 210 m/50 g, 229 yd/1.76 oz), 2 skeins in the colorway 83.0116
- Or approx. 320 [370, 420] m / 340 [400, 460] yd of fingering-weight sock yarn
- 2.5 mm / US #1½ double-pointed or circular needle(s) for working small circumferences in the round (or size needed to obtain gauge)
- Cable needle (optional)
- Darning needle