This is part of the Bulk Trio: each individual pattern is $6 or the set of all three is $12.
- L shaped ribbed piece is extremely easy to knit (beginner friendly!)
- includes bulky versions, in smaller and larger sizes, and super extra bulky version (triple-stranded bulky)
- also includes custom version (any gauge/size) with detailed notes
- lined with eyelet holes around all edges
- finish off with buttons, laces, or ties to fasten it into different styles
- tutorial included for triple stranding yarn as you knit
- for bulky weight versions: 200-270 yards / 180-250 meters for smaller size; 350-400 yards / 320-365 meters for larger size (samples used Fable Fibers Memoir, 2 skeins for smaller, 3 skeins for larger) -- for super extra bulky version: approx 120 yards / 110 meters yarn sized to comfortably work on size US 35 or 36 (19 or 20 mm) needles, which may be a super bulky weight, or 2 or 3 strands of bulky yarn held together -- for other weights (knit as custom versions): 400-600 yards / 365-550 meters worsted weight; 300-500 yards / 275-450 meters aran weight; 125-250 yards / 115-230 meters super bulky
- needles sized to work with your yarn, 1 size larger than you'd normally use; a circular at least 32 inches / 80 cm, to hold the stitches comfortably -- for bulky versions: size US 13 (9mm) -- for super extra bulky version: size US 35 or 36 (19 or 20 mm)
- optional buttons or ribbon/laces/ties of some kind, to fasten the finished piece into the various styles
This simple L-shaped piece of ribbed knitting, bordered with eyelet holes lining all edges, can be wrapped, buttoned, laced, or tied in countless different styles! (videos here!)
To make a piece just like one of the three sample versions, you’ll follow the pattern for that version, no math or customization needed. But if you want to use a different weight or make a different size, the pattern will explain everything you need to know.
The knitting in this pattern is extremely simple and beginner friendly!
A small size will work well in many different styles of cowls/scarfs; a wider strip will allow you to fold your piece into a hood! Add buttons, ties, or seams to suit your style preferences - check out the videos to see some wearing options in action!