Pay what you want: (minimum €5.50)
DESCRIPTIONThis is an accessory you can’t wear backwards! Palindrome Cowl is an infinity cowl with no beginning and no end. Worked in buttery aran-weight merino this cowl is the perfect quick-to-knit project you can finish in a weekend. Massive color blocks and two-row stripes make it a versatile, unisex accessory. Change the look by choosing three colors with as much or as little contrast between them as you like.
The cowl is worked in soothing garter stitch with built-in i-cord edges for a finished look. The cowl begins with a provisional cast-on; the two ends are grafted together with Kitchener stitch to form a perfectly invisible join.
The pattern is written with both metric and US terminology. This pattern is so simple only written instructions are needed.
Share your project with the hashtags #palindromecowl and #talviknits.
- Width: approx. 20 cm / 8”
- Circumference: approx. 120 cm / 48”
- Sandnes Garn Lun Ull (100% single-ply merino wool, 80 m/50 g, 89 yd/1.76 oz), 3 colors
- Or aran-weight yarn, 3 colors, approx. 80–100 m / 90–110 yd each
- C1: #1002 white, 1 skein
- C2: #7512 mint green, 1 skein
- C3: #1099 black, 1 skein
- C1: #7620 light gray, 1 skein
- C2: #2024 maize, 1 skein
- C3: #5072 dark purple, 1 skein
- 5.5 mm / US #9 circular needle (or size needed to obtain gauge)
- Waste yarn, spare needle or cable for provisional cast-on
- 1 locking stitch marker
- Spare needle or needle tip for knitted Kitchener stitch
- Darning needle