Crocosmia is a bulb in the iris family. Native to South Africa, its long graceful stems open pair after pair of delicate blossoms all summer long. Often brilliant orange, the flowers add a dash of bright color to the landscape.
Top is knit in the round from the hem up. Front and back are knit separately from the armholes up. Straps are cabled as well, and are knit extra long to join at the back of the top, instead of at the top of the shoulder.
- Yarn: DK weight; 525, 575, 625, 675 [750, 800, 850, 900] yards.
- Model: Baah! Sonoma in Orange Amber in 36.5 in size; 233 yards in 100 grams; 100% merino.
- Gauge: 18 sts and 25 rows to 4 inches in stockinette stitch with larger needles.
- Needles: US 8 (5 mm) for gauge, and US 6 (4 mm) for ribbing.
- Finished size: 31.25, 33, 34.75, 36.5 [38.5, 40.25, 42, 43.75] in.
- To fit bust: up to 2 inches larger than finished sweater.
- Stitch instructions: Charted and written.