Great British Baking Cowl, Holiday Hangover Edition
More layers, more recipes, more relaxation. This cowl pattern began life as a low-stress mystery knitalong is for a small, scraptastic cowl project that’s meant to use up a bunch of leftover bits of yarn (from your Baking Shawl or otherwise). Add in half a skein of sock yarn for your Main Color, and you’re all set!
The pattern now includes all 4 clues in one pdf which lincludes full instructions for the cowl as well as recipes for some tasty treats.
You can use as many or as few Contrasting Colors as you like--the pattern is written for 10 CCs, but you can use just 1 CC, 5, 10, whatever. You can even switch colors in the middle of a row if you run out, and the cowl’s patterning will look lovely.
Here are the exact yardages and grams I used for each of the CCs in this project. Please be aware that this is for Miss Babs Yummy 2-ply yarn, and the yardage-to-grams ratio will be different for other yarns. Also, these balls of yarn were weighed completely dry (low humidity) and since kitchen scales are less accurate when weighing small amounts, your mileage (yardage) may vary:
• 12 yds (2 g) of CC1 (colorway Coral)
• 16 yds (3 g) of CC2 (colorway Sweetpea)
• 12 yds (2 g) of CC3 (colorway Ergosphere)
• 28 yds (7 g) of CC4 (colorway Violaceous)
• 32 yds (8 g) of CC5 (colorway Clematis)
• 52 yds (13 g) of CC6 (colorway Franklin)
• 30 yds (7.5 g) of CC7 (colorway Blue Parakeet)
• 20 yds (5 g) of CC8 (colorway Dragon Claw)
• 16 yds (3 g) of CC9 (colorway Duckfoot)
• 12 yds (2 g) of CC10 (colorway Goldfinch)