Conversation & Listening - The Stray
This lesson helps students explore their attitudes towards animals and animal cruelty. Students listen to a story about a stray kitten that was rescued and share their views about whether animals are capable of thought and emotion, and what levels of animal use and exploitation are acceptable. They also discuss exotic pets and create a role play interview with a hunter.
- To develop students’ abilities to create dialogue around issues concerning animals and cruelty to animals.
- To develop students’ listening skills.
- Low intermediate + (A2 - C2)
- Teachers' Guide (PDF)
- Digital presentation: Demonstration copy
- Summary activity: https://bit.ly/3EHXLKr
- Dictation activity: https://bit.ly/3nZH9rs
- Reflection activity: https://bit.ly/3krIMMy
- Listening close activity: https://bit.ly/3hW6qz4
- Speaking activity: https://bit.ly/3zv9DLU (Google Chrome only)
- Split dictation student A: https://bit.ly/3lMoOvj
- Split dictation student B: https://bit.ly/3AxxL1Q