This is part of the Triyang Collection, which includes three other shawl patterns using the same construction, plus customizing instructions for mixing and matching the sections from different patterns with each other!
- modular construction in 3 parts, no picked up stitches
- size is determined by yarn weight, ranging DK to bulky
- sample is in worsted weight, detailed size info is included
- cast on 3 stitches / bind off none at all
- 3 narrow triangles combine to make a long, narrow, slightly asymmetrical triangle shape
- different kinds of cabled patterns in each section
- all parts are written and charted
- written rows and charts are on separate pages to minimize printing requirements
- approx 300-550 yards / 270-500 meters DK-bulky weight yarn, in a solid or semi-solid colorway (approx 360 yards worsted; approx 480 yards aran; approx 550 yards bulky)
Vire is sized based on gauge — it is pictured in worsted weight, making a narrow piece, large enough to wrap around your neck like a short scarf, but very thick and warm because of the cables. Use a heavier weight to make a longer version. (Detailed sizing info is in preview PDF.)
All stitch patterns are charted and written; the charts and written rows are on their own pages so that if you want to work from only the charts, you can skip printing 4 pages of written rows, and if you want to use only the written, you can skip printing 5 pages of charts.
The pattern also includes a schematic, construction/technique notes, close-up photos of the stitch patterns.