Perceptions of Advertising - Lessons in Digital Literacy
This lesson plan is based on an infographic that reports on a survey into advertising, people’s attitudes to it and how it influences them.
It includes paper based worksheets as well as dynamic digital presentation for the teacher and digital worksheets for the students.
The materials in this plan can be used in different ways. The first four tasks can be used independently as a simple reading and discussion lesson.
The final four tasks can be used selectively to develop various digital skills.
This lesson contains eight tasks:
- A discussion task that gets students thinking about advertisements and how they influence their behavior.
- A reading task that develops students’ abilities to scan text for specific information
- A reading task that develops students’ abilities to check and confirm information.
- A discussion task that gives students the opportunity to reflect on the information and apply it to their own lives.
- A social research task that gets students to create an online questionnaire to find out about people’s attitudes to advertising.
- A research task that gets students to check the accuracy of information.
- A research task that gets students to research the advertising techniques used by various companies.
- A writing task that gives students the opportunity to consolidate their learning in the form of a blog article.
You can download:
- The lesson plan
- Photocopiable PDF presentation for students