In this lesson, students will learn about some of the factors that influence successful study. They will evaluate their existing study skills in the light of information from an infographic and do some online research into effective study techniques.
You can check out the example materials here: https://bit.ly/how-to-study-demo
- To develop students’ abilities to study and research effectively using digital tools.
- To develop students’ abilities to read and understand visual information.
- To develop students’ abilities to check the credibility of online information.
- To develop students’ abilities to carry out online research and to represent their findings visually.
- To develop students’ abilities to extract information from research and create informative text based on their findings.
The materials in this plan can be used in different ways. The first four tasks can be used independently as a simple reading and discussion class.
The last three tasks are research tasks. These tasks are likely to take longer and could be set as homework, independent study tasks or as projects and followed up in the classroom. The research tasks will all require internet access.
This lesson contains seven tasks:
- A discussion task which gets students thinking about the topic.
- A reading task which develops students’ abilities to scan text for specific information.
- A reading task which encourages students to summarize key points from the text.
- A discussion task which gives students the opportunity to formulate a personal response to the information they have studied.
- A research task which guides students through the process of researching and corroborating the credibility of online information.
- An online research task which guides students through the process of creating research and disseminating the results.
- A writing task which helps students to summarize what they have learned.
When you buy the plan you can download:
- The less plan and step by step instructions (this includes links to a digital teachers' version and a digital students' version).
- A PDF version of the student's version to print or use in classrooms where there is no connection.