Writing Accessible Patterns for the Blind and Print Challenged
The class includes a free review of one of your accessible patterns by Renee as well as her email for any questions. Video link is included with the written materials.
Accessible patterns that you create will be added to the Accessible Patterns Index (accessiblepatternsindex.com), a volunteer run and donation supported index created by Renee Van Hoy and Nicky Jensen. Sales of this course support their efforts and help pay for the hosting of the index.
Outline to video presentation:
Who is the audience?
Why are accessible patterns important?
2. The minimum accessible pattern (Ravelry checklists)
3. Checklist of best practices for creating patterns for the print challenged
4. Checklist of best practices for creating patterns for screen readers
5. Spacing samples
6. All fonts are not the same
7. Writing accessible charts
8. Writing accessible colorwork
9. Examples of accessible patterns
Thank you for your support of the Accessible Patterns Index!