Business English - Management Tasks
The lesson also includes a listening task with 3 managers talking about their challenges and 3 interactive tasks that encourage students to practice specific structures for giving advice.
- To build students’ vocabulary and ability to describe tasks that managers do.
- To develop students’ ability to give tips and advice (If I were you I would... | Have you thought about ... | have you tried ... | Why don’t you try ...)
Level: B1 - B2 +
- Presentation: Sample Copy
- Language Practice: https://bit.ly/advice-order
- Printable Presentation (PDF)
- Audio (zip file mp3)
You can use these 2 activities to give students additional speaking practice.
- In this activity, students have to read some advice and the computer checks their pronunciation: https://bit.ly/advice-phrases (This activity only works with the Chrome browser.)
- In this activity, students can record themselves giving advice and then either listen back to the recording or send it to you for feedback: https://bit.ly/rec-advice