Monica Neave ISSA Fitness Specialist 22+ years experience
Monica holds 5 certifications from International Sports Sciences Association in Exercise Therapy, Fitness Nutrition, Behavior Modification and Genetic Based Program Design and Group Fitness. She also holds multiple certifications thru C.H.E.K. (Corrective High Performance Exercise Kinesiology) Institute.
Her work has been featured in:
- Better Homes & Gardens Magazine
- National Public Radio
- The AZ Daily Star
- The Tucson Citizen
Monica just recently got certified as an ISSA Transformation Specialist and ISSA Genetic Based Program Design Specialist. These certifications delve deep into behavior modification strategies and genetic based health and fitness program design. These two areas of fitness are a great compliment to her B.A. in Psychology.
She also has additional certifications in yoga for health, mat Pilates, dynamic stretch, weight management, fat metabolism, Egoscue method pain posture & performance, ballet for posture and strength, athletic body in balance and many others. She loves learning and is always taking courses to improve her skills.
Monica has been a fitness junkie since the age of 14 and a dancer since the age of 3. Some of her major accomplishments in fitness include:
- Creating the #1 Fatloss Workouts site online in 2007 that attracted millions of visitors per month and sold other trainer’s digital products and services. That domain was sold after a few years to Beach Body affiliates.
- Creating the first digital bridal boot camp workout for busy brides and outdoors bridal boot camp in the US which was featured on Fox News at 9 and Foxnews.com in 2003. That name was later trademarked by a competitor.
- Founding editor at Bellaonline.com in 2003 where she ran both the Weight Loss & Exercise sites and created one of the first digital weight loss courses online.
- Starting the first small group personal training within a Bally Total Fitness gym that set the standard for all other Bally’s gyms in the US.
- Monica created a digital body type workout plan for women along with website, workout videos and social support through facebook and instagram feeds.