Pay what you want: (minimum €6.50)
DESCRIPTIONArdisia is a right-angle triangle shawl inspired by the marlberry plant that carries vibrant droplet-like berries. Worked in a rustic sport-weight yarn, the shawl features two distinct stitch patterns: a twining rib that looks like cables (but isn’t!) and scattered droplets made with dip stitches.
The shawl is worked on the bias with increases always placed along the same edge. The other two edges remain straight throughout the entire shawl. The shawl is framed with an i-cord edging that gives it a finished look. Tassels attached to each of the three corners add to the rustic charm.
The shawl size can easily be modified by working more or fewer pattern repeats.
The pattern is written with both metric and US terminology. Both written and charted instructions are provided for all stitch patterns along with a step-by-step photo tutorial for working the dip-stitch droplets.
Share your project with the hashtags #ardisiashawl and #talviknits.
- Wingspan: approx. 150 cm / 59" or adjustable within pattern
- Depth: approx. 80 cm / 31½" or adjustable within pattern
- Lichen and Lace Rustic Heather Sport (100% wool, 197 m/56 g, 215 yd/1.98 oz), 4 skeins in the colorway Beet
- Or sport-weight yarn, approx. 700 m / 765 yd (without tassels) to 755 m / 825 yd (including tassels)
- 5.0 mm / US #8 long (80–100 cm / 32–40") circular needle (or size needed to obtain gauge)
- 1 stitch marker
- Darning needle
GAUGE17 sts × 26 rows = 10 cm / 4" in reverse stockinette and droplet stitch pattern, blocked
TECHNIQUES USEDThe pattern uses the following techniques: increasing and decreasing in reverse stockinette, dip stitches, and i-cord bind-off.
Ability to read charts is recommended but written instructions are also provided for all stitch patterns. The pattern also includes a step-by-step photo tutorial for working the dip-stitch droplets.